We’re hiring a Healthy Communities Coordinator!
Milwaukee County UW-Extension is looking to hire a full-time Healthy Communities Coordinator to address diet-related disparities in our community by contributing to advance policy, systems, and environmental changes to promote healthy eating and physical activity behaviors among low-income, urban residents, many of whom are persons of color and who may speak a language other than English (especially people who are eligible to receive SNAP/FoodShare) in Milwaukee County.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, nutritional sciences, dietetics, community health education, public health education, community psychology, sociology, or related field
- Strong base of public health knowledge and experience, and/or policy development and implementation, and/or community development
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other agencies and community-based organizations
- Experience with education program development and evaluation skills including planning and implementing programs, evaluating program effectiveness, and communicating program impact to value stakeholders
- Knowledge and skills to effectively interact with people from diverse backgrounds. This includes differences in culture, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, physical and cognitive ability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
Applications are due March 7, 2017. Learn more and apply for the Healthy Communities Coordinator position.