We’re hiring a 4-H Program & Operations Support Associate!
This position will support 4-H Youth Development faculty and academic staff in providing multiple programs. Other primary responsibilities include 4-H data base management, 4-H specific financial management, and assisting with fiscal and administrative support duties in collaboration with others who provide such support within and for the Milwaukee County Extension Office. This position plays a lead role in helping to ensure that the Milwaukee County UW-Extension Office provides high quality service at all times to all.
Qualifications for this position:
- Entry-level fiscal procedures knowledge and experience, such as tallying and tracking revenue and expenditures
- Ability to learn University fiscal and administrative procedures, especially purchasing and revenue collection
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet and database programs, and internet use
- Able to prioritize multiple daily tasks to manage completion of tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to operate mail meter, copy machine, fax machine, and other office equipment
- Experience utilizing social media platforms
- Ability to communicate clearly and patiently with customers on the telephone and in person
- Strong spelling and grammar skills for proofing educational and promotional materials
- Experience working in teams
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Knowledge and skills to effectively engage with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
Essential Job Functions for this position:
- Accurate and timely in response to fiscal and administrative support requests
- Accurate and timely in inputting and monitoring databases (including spreadsheets) for 4-H Youth and development of program budgets and membership-related data
- Accurate inputting and monitoring of databases (including spreadsheets) for other program budgets as assigned by Financial Operations Coordinator (FOC)
- Maintain files and update records as requested by 4-H Youth Development staff and FOC
- Able to create marketing materials, office forms and miscellaneous documents using word processing and/or desktop publishing programs
- Comfortable with use of computer programs and equipment; such as phones, copier, laminator, fax machine and calculator. Able to operate computer programs as: MS Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, Outlook and Publisher.
- Utilize basic math skills for accurate purchase card related reporting and other financial reporting
- Communicate effectively the flow of information among 4-H Youth Development staff, overall office, and public
- Work with limited daily supervision and make accurate, rapid, independent decisions regarding routine planning and scheduling of work priorities
- Able to work as a team player within the overall office
- Comply with Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity guidelines and requirements as interpreted by UW-Extension and Milwaukee County
- Good grammar skills to assist in proofreading correspondence or documents; ability to comprehend, speak and write the English language as necessary for proofreading and authoring departmental documents and correspondence.
Please apply by March 23, 2017. For a complete job description and details on how to apply, see our position description.
An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title VI, IX and American with Disabilities (ADA) requirements. La Universidad de Wisconsin-Extensión, un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades y acción afirmativa (EEO/AA), proporciona igualdad de oportunidades en empleo y programas, incluyendo los requisitos de los Títulos VI, IX (Title IX) y de la Ley para Americanos con Discapacidades (ADA).