Economic development is a process for enhancing local economic programs and initiatives in entrepreneurship and local business development, workforce development, poverty eradication , and improving community/county quality of life.
- The Institute for Urban Agriculture and Nutrition
- Transform Milwaukee Initiative
- Healthy Communities Milwaukee Regional Summit
Demographic and Workforce Data-mining:
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Center
- Agriculture, Local Food and Value-Added Entrepreneurship: “Food System Initiatives“
- UW-Extension Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Regional Economic Development Partners:
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- Milwaukee 7
- Wisconsin Economic Development Association
- Wisconsin Economic Development Institute
- UW Center for Community and Economic Development
For more information:
The Wisconsin Economic Development Institute in collaboration with UW-Extension and the Wisconsin Economic Development Association created a complete listing of the breadth of economic development tools and collaborating partners as an online resource: Useful Computer Links to Sources of Information for Economic Developers (PDF).