UW Web Sites
- Milwaukee County Extension Home Page
- County Extension Offices
A list of links to each County Extension office in the state.
- Wisconsin Horticulture News
Timely horticulture topics.
- Monthly Gardening Calendar
Written especially for SouthEast Wisconsin gardeners.
- UW-Madison Entomology Department
Take a look at what bugs are currently active or identify what critter you’ve found.
- Vegetable IPM updates
Seasonal weekly updates on vegetable pests and diseases, focusing on control by integrated pest management.
- Plant Disease Diagnostics Clinic
Wonderful 1-page plant disease factsheets , with new ones added regularly! Also, see what samples the Lab has received from around the state or just your county ( Wisconsin Disease Almanac) and check out the Plant Disease Profiles for individual plant disease info.
- Turfgrass Disease Diagnostic Laboratory
Don’t miss the Disease Profiles and Turfgrass Disease ID Key pages if you have lawn problems!
- Frost dates
UWEX list of frost dates around the state, including a link to frost maps.
- Wisconsin Master Gardener Program
See what these trained volunteers are doing to help people in the community better understand horticulture and the environment.
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
Check out the information on invasive species.
- Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection (DATCP)
Plant, insect, pesticide and fertilizer programs.
- Ohio State University Factsheet Database
If you can’t find a UWEX bulletin addressing your needs, here’s a good place to search for other publications.
- Michigan State University Extension
See links for Home Horticulture and Educational Materials .
- University of Illinois Extension
Another of our neighbors.
- University of Minnesota Extension
And yet another neighboring state Extension site.
- ExToxNet (Extension Toxicology Network)
Detailed pesticide information.
- Morton Arboretum Plant Health Care monitoring reports
Weekly reports on plant pests and diseases seen at the Arboretum.
- US Forestry Service Regional Office
Lots of tree information, including a pruning guide.
- USDA Plant Hardiness Map
New in 2001, revised from 1990.
- Cyndi’s Catalog of Garden Catalogs
A huge list of mail order gardening sources.
- Perry’s Perennials
Herbaceous perennial information and Internet links.