4-H Career and Portfolio Awards
What is a Portfolio?
A 4-H Portfolio is a log of the knowledge and skills learned during the year in which you include pictures, descriptions, and goals in explaining your club and project work. Enjoy this opportunity to show your work to others.
Who needs/should have a Portfolio?
A portfolio should be completed by any 4-H member who wishes to receive recognition for 4-H participation awards and/or project awards.
Why would I want to complete a Portfolio?
- This process is for youth to earn awards and recognition for the work that they have done in 4-H Clubs and Project Areas.
- This process will help youth prepare Membership Evaluation (M.E.) applications for the interview process to earn major awards and scholarship opportunities (special awards, camps, and trips). The ME process requires youth to have several years of information available for Major Award forms!
- Members can easily find information in their books when they create a college application, job application, resumes, and scholarships.
- Learn the importance of keeping accurate financial records, setting goals, and managing your time
Guides to Assist 4-H youth to complete the Portfolio
- Milwaukee County 4-H Activity List-PDF. Please use to plan out your 4-H year.
Note: This Activity list should be used for planning. Please do not include it in the portfolio.
- Guideline for Portfolio Completion-PDF
Note: Please read these guidelines before organizing or creating your record book.
To be eligible for a countywide 4-H award, please complete a 4-H portfolio. The portfolio is a collection of the worksheets below. Complete each worksheet and assemble the book in the order of the sheets listed below. Further help can be found in the Guidelines for Portfolio Completion Document above.
- Project Summary Worksheet–PDF Members Project Summary – Word
- Introduction Worksheet-PDF Introduction Worksheet-Word Document
- Participation at Club, County, State, and National Worksheet-PDF Activity Participation Worksheet-Word Document
- Project Worksheet-PDF Complete one for each 4-H project. Project Worksheet–Word Document
- My 4-H Story-PDF My 4-H Story – Word
- My Cloverdbud Story- PDF My Cloverbud Story – Word
- Record Book Seals – PDF Record Book Seals Page – Word
4-H Career Awards and Trips
The Application and 2013 Major Awards and Trip are due on March 31st, 2013. Send the applications to Michelle Gonzalez, 9501 West Watertown Plank Road, Building A, Wauwatosa WI 53226, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 414-256-4646 (fax). Interviews will be scheduled in March.
- 2013 Major Award and 4-H Trip Application- PDF
- 2013 Major Award and 4-H Trip Application- WORD Editable
4-H Trip Scholarships are also available.
Partial Scholarships are available to attend trips through the Milwaukee County 4-H Leaders Council for youth and adult chaperones. Please read through the scholarship details on the next page for more information on eligibility requirements. Scholarships recipients are selected separately from the trip delegates. More details on the application process for scholarships is forth coming. Here is a link to the Milwaukee County 4-H Leaders Council Trip Scholarship Policy