What is a Portfolio?
A 4-H Portfolio is a log of the knowledge and skills learned during the year in which you include pictures, descriptions, and goals in explaining your club and project work. Enjoy this opportunity to show your work to others.
Who needs/should have a Portfolio?
A portfolio should be completed by any 4-H member who wishes to receive recognition for 4-H participation awards and/or project awards.
Why would I want to complete a Portfolio?
- This process is for youth to earn awards and recognition for the work that they have done in 4-H Clubs and Project Areas.
- This process will help youth prepare Membership Evaluation (M.E.) applications for the interview process to earn major awards and scholarship opportunities (special awards, camps, and trips). The ME process requires youth to have several years of information available for Major Award forms!
- Members can easily find information in their books when they create a college application, job application, resumes, and scholarships.
- Learn the importance of keeping accurate financial records, setting goals, and managing your time
Guides to Assist 4-H youth to complete the Portfolio
- Milwaukee County 4-H Activity List-PDF. Please use to plan out your 4-H year.
Note: This Activity list should be used for planning. Please do not include it in the portfolio.
- Club Level Project Rubric
Note: Club Leaders will use this rubric to provide an overall placing for the book. The placings are for First Placing through Fourth Placing.
- Guideline for Portfolio Completion-PDF
Note: Please read these guidelines before organizing or creating your record book.
To be eligible for a countywide 4-H award, please complete a 4-H portfolio. The portfolio is a collection of the worksheets below. Complete each worksheet and assemble the book in the order of the sheets listed below. Further help can be found in the Guidelines for Portfolio Completion Document above.
- Project Summary Worksheet–PDF Members Project Summary – Word
- Introduction Worksheet-PDF Introduction Worksheet-Word Document
- Participation at Club, County, State, and National Worksheet-PDF Activity Participation Worksheet-Word Document
- Project Worksheet-PDF Complete one for each 4-H project. Project Worksheet–Word Document
- My 4-H Story-PDF My 4-H Story – Word
- My Cloverdbud Story- PDF My Cloverbud Story – Word
- Record Book Seals – PDF Record Book Seals Page – Word
Milwaukee County 4-H Leaders Council Scholarships for Higher Education
The Milwaukee County 4-H Leaders Council is making available scholarships to any past or present Milwaukee County 4-H club youth member with at least two years of current or prior 4-H club membership at the time of application. This person should be entering or enrolled in a vocational school, university or college in the fall of the current year and is under age 25. Scholarship amount awarded is a minimum of $200. The actual amount of each scholarship is graduated and will be based upon the points in #6 below (Evaluation Criteria). Due April 1st.
Here is a link to the scholarship form: Milwaukee County 4-H Council Higher Education Scholarship Form
4-H Career Awards and Trips
4-H Youth can apply for the following 2014 trips and major awards offered by Milwaukee County 4-H Youth Development Programs. Youth who apply will need to be available for an interview in-person or via phone in March. The date for interview will be determined by the committee. To attend a trip, youth must be selected to serve as a trip delegate and represent Milwaukee County 4-H Youth Development Programs. Youth must currently be enrolled in a 4-H program/chapter and have a youth enrollment form on file the Milwaukee County UW-Extension Office to apply.
Note: Only use this application to apply for trips and major awards.
The Application and 2013 Major Awards and 2014 Trip are due on November 15th, 2013. Send the applications to Michelle Gonzalez, 9501 West Watertown Plank Road, Building A, Wauwatosa WI 53226, email@example.com, or 414-256-4646 (fax). Interviews will be scheduled in November.
4-H Trip Scholarships are also available.
Partial Scholarships are available to attend trips through the Milwaukee County 4-H Leaders Council for youth and adult chaperones. Please read through the scholarship details on the next page for more information on eligibility requirements. Scholarships recipients are selected separately from the trip delegates. More details on the application process for scholarships is forth coming. See application above.