About the Institute:
The UW Extension Pre-College Institute connects Milwaukee County youth and their parents to UW Colleges and UW System Pre-College resources. The four UW College partners are: UW Richland, UW Rock County, UW Waukesha, UW Washington County plus UW Help.
The Institute introduces students to the college environment, including campus visits, academics, and financial considerations that all have an impact on a family to support a youth’s decision to attend college.
En Instituto ayuda a los estudiantes tener exito en sus opportunidades educativas y sus futuros. El Instituto se asocia con las familias, escuelas, y comunidades para converitir en realidad el sueno de asistir a la Universidad.
View the 2013 End of Year Report for more information on our great program!
provide middle and high school youth with an opportunity to discover, prepare and plan for college and careers after completing high school. In today’s global economy, high-wage paying jobs require some form of training or education past a high school diploma. The more education you have, the more money you can make and the more job opportunities you will have.
2014 Available Courses:
- High School Prep: Explore high school courses & career clusters. Gain knowledge of what classes you need to get you to the career you want, study skills & note taking.
- Young Engineers: Use LEGO-NXT kits to develop skills required for the 21st century, such as creativity, problem solving, teamwork & critical thinking. While using LEGO-NXT system, students will build robots.
- Future Engineers: Use Lego EV3 in a more advanced robotics course. Program your robot to do whatever you want it to do; the only limitation for this course is your imagination.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Begin to problem solve, explore & gain confidence. Read one of the books in the series & create your own diary.
- College Prep: Learn information to help you succeed in college. Understand a college syllabus, explore career clusters and majors. Learn about financial aid & consumer awareness.
- ACT/ Math Science: Take the ACT test in math and science & learn test taking strategies that will help you improve your scores. Also learn how to deal with test anxiety & how to prepare for the test.
- Hunger Games: Learn survival skills for high school & college. Learn how to stand up for yourself through hands-on activities.
Click the links to access the Enrollment Form & consent form . Click here to view the brochure.
Winter 2014 Courses: February 1st- March 8th 9:00am-noon
|Milwaukee County Research Park: 10437 Innovation Drive, Ste. 123, Wauwatosa WI 53226
Click here for directions
|Exploratory Courses for grades 6th-8th|
|High School Preparation|
|Diary of a Wimpy Kid|
|10:30am-11:50am||Diary of a Wimpy Kid|
|High School Preparation|
|College Readiness for grades 9th- 12th|
|ACT Math/ Science for grades 11th-12th|
For registration info, contact:
Pre-College Institute Coordinator
4-H Support Staff