We’re hiring a Hmong Community Urban Garden Assistant!
Milwaukee County UW-Extension is looking to hire a Hmong Community Urban Garden Assistant to help with the coordination of the UWEX Milwaukee County Urban Garden Program and the Hmong community with an emphasis on accommodating Hmong immigrants. This is a part-time limited term placement that starts immediately and runs through September.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to speak and read Hmong and English
- Knowledge of community gardening, community organization and volunteer management
- Familiarity with computer software such as Word, Publisher, and MS Access.
- Ability to maintain accurate entries, in database and hard copy files
- Problem solving ability
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Access to transportation necessary for job related duties
- Availability for some evening and weekend meetings
- Ability to work as an active team member
Please apply by March 15. For more details on how to apply see our full position description.