We’re hiring two new Nutrition Educators!
Milwaukee County UW-Extension is looking to hire two full-time nutrition educators to teach about making healthy food choices, planning meals, shopping, and keeping food safe to youth and adults with limited income. A formal background in nutrition is not required. Training will be provided. We are looking for candidates who understand the challenges many families face when it comes to accessing healthy foods, as well as an ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse audience of learners.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Work, volunteer or life experience with limited income individuals or groups
- Ability to teach children and adults
- Experience working with others in an organization, group or committee
- Knowledge and skills to effectively interact with people from different cultural backgrounds, including
those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender,
disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
- Spanish and English language ability is preferred
Applications are due Monday, October 9, 2017. For more information and to apply visit the UW Extension Careers website.