- The Garden Rental Desk is closed for the rest of the 2018 season. Our staff will still be available via phone by calling 414-615-0538 or email at email@example.com.
- Our UWEX and Garden Rentals office has moved. Our new address is 6737 W Washington St, Suite 2202, West Allis, WI 53214. See maps and parking instructions on our Office Maps & Directions page.
- You can only renew or remove plots during the returning gardener rental period. Returning Gardeners will not be able to select or add new plots before April 15th.
- Late Season plots still available for 2018. Season runs from July to Mid-October. Plots available at Firefly Our Common Home, 6th an Howard, and Havenwoods. Please email Jan Alba for more information or to apply for Late Season Plots.
- We regret that Garden Rentals will not be taking credit cards this season. We are still able to process cash, checks, and money orders. (How to get a money order.)
To dwell is to garden.
Grow your own heirloom, exotic and pesticide-free vegetables. Gardening is a great way to meet new people and get some exercise. Rent a garden plot today!
Use this map to find your local UWEX Community Garden!
Milwaukee County Cooperative Extension rents garden plots in many parts of the county. We also provide technical assistance to neighborhood groups that run their own community gardens. For more information about renting a garden, read the information below and contact the garden rental assistant at 414-615-0538 or Garden.Rentals@ces.uwex.edu.
A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust.
Gardens and green space are important in the urban environment. Residents at health care facilities, apartments and condominiums may not have the opportunity or space to garden. Unused urban open space can provide the needed land to build gardens.Gardens provide space to grow nutritious food and gardeners can save money on produce. Gardening is a great family recreational activity. Participants share traditions with each other and their children.
To learn more about the value of community gardening, read the “Evaluation of Community Gardens” by Jill Florence Lackey & Associates, February 1998. Copies are available from Dennis Lukaszewski at 414-615-0532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you did not rent a garden last year and would like to request a garden for 2018 fill out the 2018 New Plot Request Form and return by email (Garden.Rentals@ces.uwex.edu) or by normal mail to 6737 W Washington St, Suite 2202, West Allis, WI 53214.
The garden rental staff will assign a plot to you after April 15th when plots become available for new gardeners to rent.
In general the garden plots do not open before the third week of May.
New gardeners will be assigned plots as they become available, but not before pre-registration for returning gardeners is complete on April 15th
If you need to contact the garden rental assistants, please leave a telephone voice mail message or send an email. We monitor the phone messages and email often but are not in the office regularly, during the off-season. If your phone call is during regular UWEX hours (8:30AM – 4PM) and you need immediate assistance please dial “0″ and an operator can take your message.
|The Garden Rental desk is closed for the season. Our staff is available by email or phone if you have questions or concerns. Please see use the contact information listed below.|
Leave a message at 414-615-0538 or email us at email@example.com
Cia ib lus ntawm 414-615-0538 los yog xa email rau peb ntawm firstname.lastname@example.org
Deje un mensaje en 414-615-0538 o envíenos un correo electrónico a email@example.com
The Garden Rental phone is: (414) 615-0538.
Emails & calls will be answered or returned in as timely a manner as possible.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org