All 4-H Chapters need to submit an annual charter application by October 15th of the current year to the Milwaukee County 4-H Office.
The following requirements must be met before a chapter may receive an annual 4-H Charter. Charter leadership will submit the following information:
- Submit a 4-H Chapter charter application including a calendar and financial audit report. Please see the link below for the forms you will need.
New 4-H Club and Group Charter Applications (Calendar, Audit, etc.)
4-H Charter Renewal.
- Submit the chapter’s bylaws using one of the bylaws templates. Existing chapters need to resubmit their chapter’s bylaws when the chapter membership votes to amend the bylaws. Download the template Constitution-Bylaw Template PDF or Constitution-Bylaw Template WORD.
- Submit at least one adult enrollment form and signed Behavior Expectations Form for a certified 4-H volunteer.
- Have at least five youth submit their enrollment forms electronically. Families and volunteers must complete the electronic enrollment in the Wisconsin 4-H Online Enrollment database at https://wi.4honline.com. View the user guide at https://milwaukee.uwex.edu/files/2012/03/Enrollingin4HOnlineasaNEWfamily.pdf for more information on how to use the web site.The five youth must be from three different families or households.
- Send a chapter representative to the annual 4-H Chapter Leadership Meetings in the fall or winter of the year. Session dates will be announced.
Please contact Linda Kramer 4-H Youth Development Office Operations Associate for more details at 414-256-4628 or email@example.com
Financial Management Documents for Chapters
These forms are intended to assist 4-H clubs and groups in managing funds. Using these documents will assist the reviewers in completing timely and orderly audits during the 4-H chapter’s annual audit and review. The expense form is to be used for any check requests for the chapter including an reimbursements or pass through funds held by a chapter.
4-H Chapter’s Relationship to the Milwaukee County 4-H Leaders Council.
Each chapter is invited to have a representative on the Milwaukee County 4-H Leaders Council. The Council unites adult and youth leaders who develop educational programs and events beyond the local chapter level that promote and enhance the 4-H Youth Development ideals in Milwaukee County. Go to the link above to learn more.